Everlastin GoblinStomper's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everlastin GoblinStomper's

Welcome to the Everlastin GoblinStomper home page!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IMPORTANT, READ NOW

Go down 
+12
thexbeast
Israfel
Doug
ThatOneWarlock
azael
Lohn
Ms Mooface
Draconesis
Sparkleworks
Probe
Caellum
Zëro
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ms Mooface

Ms Mooface

IMPORTANT, READ NOW - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT, READ NOW   IMPORTANT, READ NOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 6:26 pm

"don't let yourselves be consumed by loot lust"

i think that's a bit much to ask for some people out there who have left the guild on a temporary basis so that they can get bigger better gear.

in the meantime f us have actually worked our asses off and are STILL working our asses off farming rep and trying (key word there trying) to run heroics and whatnot for all the gear we need instead of leeching off other guilds for raid spots and sweet gear dropping ya know?
Back to top Go down
Tuskeron

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT, READ NOW   IMPORTANT, READ NOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:27 pm

Okay, I only read about half of the first page, so I apologize if I repeat something already said, but I felt I should add my input on this issue.

I don't know if I got lucky or not, but leveling from 70-80 on my own, and finding dungeon groups for gear and exp grinding was extremely easy. I can honestly say that everything I have done this far into the game I worked for on my own. You do need other people for dungeons and raids, but I got together these groups and never really asked for help other than where such and such NPC is etc. The quests you got in dungeons and the quests you got for downing group quest elites replaced all of my gear nearly every time. I was geared for level 80 regular dungeons at level 76, and the quest rewards from those were so freaking good. For a bit of extra gold too, you could buy green quality gems for less than 10 gold and they were better than blue quality gems from BC. The Ring of Blood event gave me a weapon at level 75 that was better than some 80 weapons. And the ah was littered with level 80 BOE blues for less than 200g. There are a bunch of cheap enchants too that I spent max 200g for all of them on my crappy gear. The moment I hit 80, I was geared for the easy heroics. Shoot, I cleared the first 2 bosses in heroic Utgarde Pinnacle the day after i hit 80. I hadn't even run one heroic at that time. People were telling me it was ZOMG so hard to hit the def cap for heroics and raids, yet I was capped the moment I hit 80. This isn't me trying to boast, this is me explaining how freaking easy it is to get geared for heroics if you put an ounce of effort into it. God this expansion was SO much easier to get geared for, but the one thing I can say for certain is that it is hard to pull someone in to a heroic who isn't.

Now that I am done explaining gearing for things, I can explain my feelings on running with certain people and not running with others. There are so many sites and so many sources for WoW to see if you are reaching what is expected of you in certain dungeons/raids, and you shouldn't be asking to go ones you know you aren't geared for. I have grouped with a few people from EGS who I can honestly say were not geared at all for what we were running. You are putting an unnecessary strain on the other 4-24 people in your group by coming. If gear isn't an issue, then you are using the wrong rotation for your class. ANOTHER THING you can easily look up. When you come to groups with people and aren't performing the minimum requirement, even once, chances are they won't want to group with you again. ESPECIALLY IF YOU CAUSE WIPES DUE TO IT.

As for help, yes, you should help your guildies out whenever you can, but it should not be expected. Think of it this way.... You help your guildie with a few quests which helps them level quicker, and when they get to 80, you get an extra person to help you fill spots for groups. You pull in someone slightly undergeared and get them better gear, making them more useful in future runs (this shouldn't be an excuse for just being a bad player though. Even with bad gear, you can contribute to a group.). If you don't want to do this, then just donate stuff to the guild bank like gems and things that can help them gear more. Or, just respond when they ask questions. These are the things guilds should do.

As for "Cliques", or whatever you want to call them. I see nothing wrong with finding a group of people within your guild you are comfortable with. Now if you run exclusively with these people, then you are just a douche. But when I am putting together a group, I have about 10 people I whisper first, before I even get the group set up. If they aren't on, then I check trade, LFM, and the names I can remember that aren't on my friends list. I am in a guild now too, so I go to them after I whisper these few people. When I was in a guild a whispered a set few first before asking the entire guild.

I think the biggest problem from what I hear is that people fear that they can't complain about certain people (to an officer) or they would get in trouble. There seems to be people you can't mess with or complain about in every guild, or you will get booted. I can't lie and say this wasn't true when I got booted from this guild.], or I would be lying. I am not bitter about it, and I really don't care about it anymore.], but it is very true. I could name the people in question, but that is done and in the past and I have talked with them and made up since then. There are about 3 guilds in my opinion, that need to fix this soon or they will go down in flames. I mean, if the same people are getting in fights and problems over and over with numerous people, then there is probably something wrong with said individual too. This is in no way directed to one individual, this is just in general in both real life and WoW.

In conclusion, I'd like to say that all of you are good people, but obviously something needs to change for this guild as a whole, or things aren't looking too good. I'd also like to ask this not be deleted. I know some may find it offensive, but they need to see it. By they I mean EVERYONE.

Thank You EGS, and good luck.
Back to top Go down
Eeden

Eeden

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT, READ NOW   IMPORTANT, READ NOW - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:21 pm

This thread has been locked. If you want to respond to this, go see this post: https://everlastings.forumotion.com/chit-chat-f4/please-read-this-everyone-t446.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT, READ NOW   IMPORTANT, READ NOW - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT, READ NOW
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2