Everlastin GoblinStomper's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everlastin GoblinStomper's

Welcome to the Everlastin GoblinStomper home page!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SO... psych question; FIght Club

Go down 
+2
Ms Mooface
thexbeast
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thexbeast

thexbeast

SO... psych question; FIght Club Empty
PostSubject: SO... psych question; FIght Club   SO... psych question; FIght Club Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:28 pm

so does the dude (tyler or jack w/e his name is) have schitzophrenia or DID?
Back to top Go down
Ms Mooface

Ms Mooface

PostSubject: Re: SO... psych question; FIght Club   SO... psych question; FIght Club Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 6:02 pm

i havent seen the movie but from what i've heard allow me to consult my magic 8 ball..

*shakes it*

ALL SIGNS POINT TO MAYBE!? WTF
Back to top Go down
Zel

Zel

PostSubject: Re: SO... psych question; FIght Club   SO... psych question; FIght Club Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:26 pm

it's a misconception that schizophrenia results in multiple personality disorder. if i had to guess i'd say it's more of a MIX of a multiple personalty and dissociative personalty cocktail.
Back to top Go down
Tuskeron

PostSubject: Re: SO... psych question; FIght Club   SO... psych question; FIght Club Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:42 pm

What I got from the movie was thought he thought of himself as Brad Pitt's character, and saw the things he did while unconscious in the form of this person who wasn't really there. He WAS both himself and Brad Pitt's character, but he was seeing what he had done in the form of this other guy. Brad Pitt's guy never existed throughout the whole movie though.

You figure out that he was unconscious and unaware of the things he did at the end when they call him the boss and he has no idea what they are doing and Brad Pitt's character disappeared without a trace.

The least confusing way to look at it is that the main character did everything that Brad's character did, only he was seeing it as though it weren't him, but another guy.

So confusing, but an amazing movie.
Back to top Go down
thexbeast

thexbeast

PostSubject: Re: SO... psych question; FIght Club   SO... psych question; FIght Club Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:22 pm

i talked to my psych teacher... he has DID
Back to top Go down
Caellum

Caellum

PostSubject: Re: SO... psych question; FIght Club   SO... psych question; FIght Club Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 5:44 pm

did anyone know that the writer of this movie is writing the screenplay for the broadway musical of fight club? there is also going to be a spiderman broadway musical comming out soon as well lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Chaoslegion1804
ThatOneWarlock

ThatOneWarlock

PostSubject: Re: SO... psych question; FIght Club   SO... psych question; FIght Club Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:17 pm

Actually, the dude had a mix of narcolepsy, multilple personality disorder, schizophrenia, depression, and some childhood issues that he was repressing. It's all in the book, by Chuck Palahniuk, go read it. It's like 10 times better and way more brutal than the movie.
Back to top Go down
Zel

Zel

PostSubject: Re: SO... psych question; FIght Club   SO... psych question; FIght Club Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:59 pm

ThatOneWarlock wrote:
Actually, the dude had a mix of narcolepsy, multilple personality disorder, schizophrenia, depression, and some childhood issues that he was repressing. It's all in the book, by Chuck Palahniuk, go read it. It's like 10 times better and way more brutal than the movie.

Yeah palahniuk's biggest complaint was the music at the beginning of the movie is never loud enough for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SO... psych question; FIght Club   SO... psych question; FIght Club Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SO... psych question; FIght Club
Page 1 of 1