Everlastin GoblinStomper's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everlastin GoblinStomper's

Welcome to the Everlastin GoblinStomper home page!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wireless = worst idea ever.

Go down 
+2
Infesord
Eeden
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eeden

Eeden

Wireless = worst idea ever. Empty
PostSubject: Wireless = worst idea ever.   Wireless = worst idea ever. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:57 pm

As you know, I now have wireless internet, thanks to my aunt.

However, I might as well have no internet at all.

Been trying to connect to WoW now for the last.... 30 minutes? Every day my internet is not working right between the hours of approx 12p - 5p, because I can't do anything. It's -every day- like this. Now, I've literally sat on the authentication thing for the last 15 minutes, and not even been d/cd from the real net.

As far as playing, I either drop every 15 seconds or so, or my latency is over 10,000 and is unplayable. So does anyone have any suggestions? I'm fucking done here. I want to destroy the person that came up with the idea that wireless is a good thing. Fuck you, die in a fire, go to hell, suck satan's dick, and give me a fucking wire.

So, in a nutshell, I don't even know when or IF I will be able to connect for a bit.

fdjisapjhioapjfdiopijfapd

To top it off, it keeps saying "connection: very good" yet I drop after 15 seconds.

Saddest part? I miss having a wired Charter connection. Seriously. It's that bad.
Back to top Go down
Infesord

Infesord

PostSubject: Re: Wireless = worst idea ever.   Wireless = worst idea ever. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:13 pm

I thought it was still Charter, only your Router is wireless? you could just see about buying a wired Router and hooking it up that way.

And you know what I'm gonna say... but I told you so. Wireless is only needed if you need it which is hardly a case for many people. I mean even if your router is in the basement and a PC is up a floor, it's not impossible to buy longer cables and have em run through the floors and vents in a house.

I doubt that's how yours is set up, but the point still stands. A standard wired 4-port router should only run you about 40 bucks, and cables will depend on the length. Although I find it hard to believe you didn't actually own a router or cables and were merely "renting" it from them. Once again, can't help ya much more unless there's more details.
Back to top Go down
Caellum

Caellum

PostSubject: Re: Wireless = worst idea ever.   Wireless = worst idea ever. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:58 pm

I got a question, the router you are using is it a G-router or N-router? depending on how many ppl are using the internet around your area will depend on the signal strength you are receiving. If your using a G-Router it is more proned to do that shit with wireless and WoW. If you're using a G-router I can only suggest changing it to an N-router. Unfortunately it is a bit more expensive but you can get a nice one for $80 and its supposed to stop the signal from being stolen from anything else like game systems, laptops and other wireless internet connections. I did a bunch of research on this shit because I was having the same issues when I was using a G-router and then switched to an N-router and I haven't had any problems other then getting kicked during raids but I think that might be due to some tech problems my graphics card is having. And hell I might be completely wrong with this but it sounded very similar to the issue i had especially trying to connect while other wireless connections were trying to connect as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Chaoslegion1804
Ms Mooface

Ms Mooface

PostSubject: Re: Wireless = worst idea ever.   Wireless = worst idea ever. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:37 am

from my understanding Casey is stuck with some kind of bizzare router/modem combo- they're the same unit so if theres a problem with one thing, theres a problem with both of them. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE NEED TO KEEP THOSE TWO THINGS SEPARATE! using the fucked up flipper baby doesn't save space or cables or w/e it just messes things up.

my only advice would be to try and ditch that router ASAP and get a new one and a separate modem. and have a serious talk with his aunt and explain why this crap simply doesnt work >.>
Back to top Go down
Infesord

Infesord

PostSubject: Re: Wireless = worst idea ever.   Wireless = worst idea ever. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 am

Yes, either take moo's advice... or from what I gather from disgustipate last night, um... yea just like... find out WTF is wrong with the settings cause this router/modem thing just sounds like 1 big fucking mess.
Back to top Go down
Khardin

PostSubject: Re: Wireless = worst idea ever.   Wireless = worst idea ever. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:32 pm

Best router i ever had was 2WIRE HG-E modem/router combo. Had such fast wireless that u couldnt even notice the difference between wireless and wired. Now, I also had that problem with randomly disconnecting when i was connected wirelessly, so i spent $40 on an cat-5 cable to wire my computer, only to find out that it had nothing to do with my wireless connection, it was my internet service randomly cutting out because my ISP sucked Donkey Balls. So I know you are wired in now and it works fine (thankfully) but i found out the hard way that the best thing to do is just phone your ISP and bitch them out for a good 30 min about the problem, and you should notice it "MIRACULOUSLY" fixes itself;).
Back to top Go down
Breezypoof

Breezypoof

PostSubject: Re: Wireless = worst idea ever.   Wireless = worst idea ever. Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:45 pm

To be honest, it could even be the wireless adapter thingy on your computer itself.

I have two laptops.. an HP and a Dell. (lol)... and the dell gets perfect wireless every time, never a problem and never a d/c.. The HP has a hard time staying connected. But they're obviously connected to the same wireless router.
My PC has a wireless adapter thingy in it too... and it's alright I guess, not as good as when I'm wired but feh. It only ever boots me when the phone rings for some reason. Noooot entirely sure why.

I'm so technical!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wireless = worst idea ever.   Wireless = worst idea ever. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wireless = worst idea ever.
Page 1 of 1